Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Hardest Thing You'll Ever Know

So nowwww I think I really know why I don't come here. I think about it every day, honestly, to come here and spout. I love to spout. I think I'm a pretty fun writer, I've been told, but really, I just shell it out the way that it goes in my head. Breakin' all the rules of professional writing. Anyway, back to the matter at hand.
I have been without work for about 7 months, and that is sick.
I have not been unemployed since I was about 18 (almost 10 years) and it really grosses me out that I have applied to about 95% of the places around here and can't even get a call. My resume is excellent, probably TOO good, which could be another reason, but the other 5% of jobs I can't get here are because they're inside hiring or require a degree. Ugh. I probably could do the work of 3 degree'd slackers but sadly that's not the way it works in the backwards world of the U. S. of A. (Yes I'll dog this place because YES I do want to leave, but a few things are keeping me here. But trust me, I'll be on the first ferry to France or Germany I'll tell ya that!)



Ok, so I got off track again. Here are the two reasons I haven't been a good mommy to my 5 blogs: 1. Work. As I already stated, situation sucks. And I feel completely guilty when I do anything non-money making related. I would love it if some soccer mom celebrity-twitter-follower happened across one of them and propelled me to stardom, but that's not the way my luck rolls. SO, I have to keep suffering in my own anguish and filth until I could be so lucky to work at some McDonald's somewhere. And 2. My keyboard(s) are the absolute worst possible inventions that ever lived. The one built into my laptop works whenever it wants to, the backspace and enter keys even less so. Whenever they aren't having a stroke, I guess. So I had bought this other keyboard, and guess what, the USB to it works whenever IT is not on its period. Somehow though, the mouse I attached to it seems to fare a little better.


So I say, dear readers, all -1 of you, if you could wish me some luck, so I can be in better spirits to keep you entertained, OR GET ME A JOB WITH YOU! Yeeeeah! Til next time...

1 comment:

  1. The Keyboard Excuse doesn't wash. How do I know? You know the house sitting job I told you about? Among other things lacking, there was no electricity. My laptop's battery holds about a half hour charge.

    For a while I was writing on my iPod, but then one of the local kids stole it. Motherfucker! (I know it was one of two kids that had the opportunity. Both named Arnuflo.)

    After that . . . . I bought some steno books and wrote long hand. What a concept! What, a concept?

    I'm not judging. You know I have writing issues, too. But I just wanted to kick the chair from under that one so you could move onto the next excuse. When you (and I) run out of excuses, maybe we'll start to write. Right?

    ReplyDelete