Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Grow Your Own

What's new? Well, the job hunt has finally proven a bit fruitful. Had 2 interviews, actually did a little work with one, and hoping that there will be more and possibly 2 jobs. Also going to get into some online schooling so I can have all my cake and eat it too.
I just ALWAYS need to stay busy. I have too much running around in my head. Why else do I have 5 blogs, a new Tumblr (http://mondoteeno.tumblr.com) and working on art, filling out surveys for points and Amazon cred.
Dude, in the past month I have redeemed said points and earned:
-Book: Gonzo, the Art of Ralph Steadman (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, very Pink Floyd The Wall style)


-The History of Rock and Roll DVD set,
-I am Curious DVD set [a racy 60s Swedish Criterion Collection film, which btw seeing every CC film is part of my bucket list],
-The Girl in the Song, a book about famous songs about girls and the stories behind them.
-a book about Jackie Curtis, famous drag queen of the Velvet Underground/ 70s New York crowd,
-The William S. Burroughs book Naked Lunch,
-a book about bad hair,
-a book about San Francisco in the 60s, 
-a book on Aubrey Beardsley art,
-a Toltec teachings book for my boyfriend, and a few Cheech and Chong movie downloads, as my boyfriend has somehow missed these and their persistent Comedy Central re-airs throughout his childhood.)

So have I been occupied or what?

How have you been beating the summertime blues?

No comments:

Post a Comment